Whether you play for recreation or competition, individually or as part of a team, amateur or professional—it hurts to be sidelined with a sports injury.
That’s why it’s good to know that Spectrum Orthopaedics has a highly regarded team of fellowship-trained sports medicine specialists who can help you get back to the sports you enjoy in the safest and fastest way possible.
Our team includes orthopedic physicians, surgeons, physician assistants, physical therapists, and certified athletic trainers—all focused on getting and keeping you fit, active, and injury free.
Our sports medicine specialists diagnose and treat the full range of sports-related injuries, including:
- Achilles tendon injuries
- ACL tear or strain
- Collar bone or clavicle fracture
- Golf elbow
- Groin pull
- Hamstring strain
- Hip bursitis
- Hip flexor strain
- Knee injuries
- Little league elbow
- Low back pain
- MCL tear or strain
- Overstretching or tearing ligaments
- Patellar tendinitis or jumper’s knee
- Patellofemoral syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Runner’s knee
- Shin bone pain
- Shin splints
- Shoulder injury
- Sprained ankle
- Stress fracture
- Swollen muscles
- Tennis elbow
You can turn to our team of sports medicine specialists in Brunswick, Norway, Portland, Saco, and Windham for timely, accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Our services include:
- Evaluation and treatment within 24 to 48 hours of an injury
- Advanced on-site diagnostic imaging services
- Treatment and casting of fractures
- Arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, with many procedures performed on an outpatient basis
- Custom and off-the-shelf athletic braces
- Physical rehabilitation services including physical therapy and occupational therapy
- Guidance on injury prevention
- Expertise in treating sports injuries in women
Spectrum is part of the Maine sports community
Spectrum’s sports medicine doctors partner with local high schools and colleges to provide orthopedic care for student athletes. Some of the high schools and colleges our physicians and physical therapists support include Cape Elizabeth High School, Bridgton Academy, South Portland High School, and the University of New England.
Does your school or team need a sports medicine partner? Let’s talk.