For everyone’s safety, we are limiting the number of people who enter the building. At this time, only patients with scheduled appointments will be allowed in our offices unless alternate arrangements are made in advance.
We ask that anyone entering our buildings wear a face covering that covers their nose and mouth, even if you’ve been fully vaccinated. We have a supply of masks that we can provide, but patients are also able to bring their own. Unmasked individuals are not presently permitted access to our facilities.
What We’re Doing to Keep Patients & Staff Safe
- Pre-operative COVID testing will be performed for symptomatic surgical patients.
- In patient care settings, all staff wear masks and protective equipment as appropriate.
- Exam rooms, furniture, and commonly used items are frequently sanitized.
What You Can Do in the Meantime
- Check in with your provider to reschedule your appointment if you aren’t feeling well.
- Talk to your provider about whether a telemedicine visit might be right for you.
- Remember that our OrthoAccess Orthopaedic Walk-In Clinic is open for orthopaedic injuries such as strains, sprains, and fractures.
- Continue to practice social distancing and frequent hand washing.
We ask that prior to a scheduled visit you review the symptom check list below:
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
To reschedule your appointment, please call us at 207.828.2100 and select option 1 to be connected to our appointment center team.