Maine’s Preeminent Musculoskeletal Group
Spectrum Healthcare Partners launched it orthopedic division through the merger of several well-respected orthopedic practices, including OA Centers for Orthopaedics and Maine Orthopaedics Center. In 2020, Spectrum Healthcare Partners introduced Spectrum Orthopaedics – a new, unified brand that allowed our physicians to consolidate their orthopedic groups and continue providing expert care collaboratively.
This unification of our orthopedic division allows our providers to partner more closely and share both knowledge, experience and resources. This enhanced collaboration allows us to improve the quality and value of our patient care. It also serves as the foundation for our future growth. Finally, coming closer together also improves the patient experience – we are now able to provide centralized scheduling, streamlined access to subspecialty care, and other important benefits.
Spectrum Orthopaedics brings expertise to a broad geography and provides access to orthopedic care across southern and western Maine. Our brand represents quality patient care, expertise, and access, so individuals can feel confident about the care they receive across the Spectrum Orthopaedics system. Because of their expertise in trauma care, Spectrum Orthopaedics surgeons serve on the trauma staff at Maine Medical Center (MMC), the state’s only Level I Trauma Center, and Stephens Memorial Hospital, a Level II Trauma Center, treating some of the most critical and complex injuries in the state. In addition, our orthopedic physicians play a vital role in providing 24/7 emergency surgery coverage to other hospitals in southern and central Maine, including Northern Light Mercy Hospital.
Today, Spectrum Orthopaedics boasts the largest and most experienced orthopedics team in Maine. In addition to our board-certified, subspecialty-trained orthopedic physicians and surgeons, our team includes physical and occupational therapists, physician assistants, nurses, and certified athletic trainers who all play an invaluable role in continuity of care for our patients.
When a condition affecting your bones and joints interferes with your ability to live life without pain or compromise, you can count on Spectrum Orthopaedics.
Spectrum Healthcare Partners is an independent, multi-specialty, physician owned healthcare practice delivering best practice diagnostics, surgery and treatment in the most effective, convenient and cost effective ways possible. As of 2021, Spectrum is Maine’s largest statewide multispecialty, physician-owned and –directed professional organization, with more than 200 physicians practicing in the areas of anesthesiology, orthopedics, pain management, pathology, radiation oncology, radiology, and vascular and interventional radiology. We contract with healthcare facilities across Maine and in northern New England to provide these services. As a result of our size, the diverse services we offer, and the breadth of our geographic coverage, Spectrum has a seat at the table with healthcare systems, employers, insurers, managed care organizations, and policymakers. So when it comes to making decisions about healthcare delivery, the physician perspective is represented. And, as always, our patient’s best interests always come first.
Charitable Giving: Making an Impact
Spectrum Orthopaedics is a division of Spectrum Healthcare Partners. Here at Spectrum we believe that giving back is the best way forward—for the communities we serve, our employees and our company.
That’s why we take to heart the concept of corporate social responsibility—supporting or spearheading initiatives that have a positive impact on the people we care for and the places we care about.
This commitment comes in many shapes and sizes:
- Uncompensated care: Spectrum physicians provide hundreds of hours of uncompensated care each year—ensuring that needy patients have access to specialty services they otherwise couldn’t afford.
- Charitable giving: Spectrum supports a wide range of nonprofit organizations through donations and sponsorships—focusing on those with missions to improve the health of Maine people and the environment.
- Training the next generation of physicians: Our medical staff shares their expertise as faculty at medical schools across New England, directors of residency training programs, and mentors to medical students and residents
- Helping hospitals survive and thrive: Spectrum generously supports Maine hospitals’ capital campaigns and annual giving programs—because philanthropy is essential in today’s reimbursement environment
Corporate social responsibility an integral part of Spectrum’s values—because we believe it’s a win-win for everyone:
- Communities are helped to grow safer, stronger and healthier
- Employees have the opportunity to do meaningful work, and are more engaged and productive
- It helps us attract and retain the best people
If you’d like to know more about our charitable giving initiatives or request a donation for your non-profit organization, please contact us.