Orthopedic Back and Spine Care
Back and spine pain are two of the most common—and debilitating—complaints in the U.S. If you need orthopedic care for back pain, turn to Spectrum Orthopaedics for relief.
Our team includes orthopedists, osteopaths, spine surgeons, physical therapists, and sports medicine specialists. Together, we offer you a comprehensive approach to diagnosing and treating spinal disorders and back pain that ensures you get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
Our spine specialists see the full range of back and neck problems, including:
The spine services Spectrum offers
With our collaborative, multidisciplinary team of spine experts, Spectrum offers complete resources for back and neck problems. Our services include:
- Accurate diagnosis: Because there are so many causes of back and neck pain, an accurate diagnosis is crucial so we can get to the root of the problem—and not simply treat symptoms. We have an array of advanced diagnostic imaging and other testing available.
- Conservative treatments: Spine Surgery is seldom the first-line treatment for many cases of back and neck pain, which is why we often recommend such conservative treatments as:
- Exercise and physical therapy
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Therapeutic injections such as nerve blocks, epidural steroid injections, nerve ablations
- Oral medications including non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), steroids, muscle relaxants, antidepressants or narcotics
- Weight loss
- Electrical nerve stimulation
- Complementary therapies such as acupuncture and therapeutic massage
- Spine Surgery: When conservative treatment isn’t successful, or symptoms occur such as limb weakness, gait and balance problems, or new or progressing bowel/bladder issues, surgery may be recommended
- Many minimally invasive spinal surgeries can be performed on an outpatient basis, so you can be home the same day
- Second opinions: Having spine surgery is a serious decision. If you’ve been told you need an operation on your back, it’s a good idea to get a second opinion, which our spine specialists can provide.